The Ventura County Arts Council (VCAC) is a 501c3 non-profit incorporated in 1997. We annually recognize the efforts of individuals, organizations, and businesses in as many as seven categories, depending on strength of nominations received. We award the winners at a celebration with a piece of artwork that commemorates their achievements. We select a different award design about every three-years. The most recent design was a fused glasswork by local artist, John Suttman (see image at end of this RFP). We are seeking proposals from a wide range of artists in light of the parameters laid out below:
AWARDS NEEDED BY: (At least 7 awards) Tuesday, 01 September 2015, or sooner
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITING PROPOSALS: Tuesday, 30 June 2015
SUBMIT PROPOSALS TO:
Ventura County Arts Council,
646 County Square Dr. Ste. 154,
Ventura, CA 93003-0436
via VCAC website using the link listed at the end of this RFP
NATURE OF THE ARTWORK
• It can be in any medium, although some may be more suitable than others.
• Free-standing or wall-hung
• It should look like a piece of artwork first, and not an award
• There needs to be a way to readily include information such as the winner’s name, category, year, etc. This might be done with a plaque attached discretely on the work.
• We want the work to be readily and proudly displayed by the recipient
• We prefer work that is individually crafted so each is different, while still being recognized as being part of a series of related pieces.
NUMBER OF PIECES REQUESTED – The VCAC has used two different award designs for up to three years. If seven awards are given out each year, this could require a total of 21 pieces over a three-year period. Proposals can provide all the work immediately, or staged over a three-year period.
COSTS – Cost is a consideration, but it will not be the sole determining factor in making a selection. The cost per piece on a year-to-year basis should be presented as well as the cost if three years of pieces are contracted for.
PRODUCTION RUNS – Costs are often related to production realities. If you would like to produce the entire run of pieces (e.g. 21) at one time, or make them up piecemeal include this in your proposal. There may be some advantage to making one batch of the design and then altering it somewhat for a second batch (e.g. year) after working with the VCAC.
SUBMISSION PACKAGE – Your proposal should include the following items at a minimum:
• Contact information: name, address, phone number(s), email address, website, Facebook page, etc.
• Education, training, experience creating artwork such as that being proposed
• Images of other work that illustrates your capabilities
• Letters of recommendation from clients and people in the art world
• Illustrations, photos, mock-ups, etc. of the proposed award
• Costs for awards, e.g. individually, year by year, a three-year batch, etc.