Jen Swain pursued her education at the Pasadena Art Center in Commercial Art. She is a Fine Artist and Designer.
After college, she pursued art and design freelancing. She has worked as a graphic and website designer, an illustrator and as a teacher and fine artist. Swain has designed 3 floats, 2 award winning floats, for the Tournament of Roses, clients include Cirque Du Soleil, Jet Blue, Pasadena Play House and Thorson Auto just to name a few. She worked at Warner Bros. and in animation with The Acme Network.
She now continues to use her art and design ability as well as illustration in a variety of different ways, painting Electrical Boxes in LA and surrounding areas and has done several large-scale live paintings at events and chalk paintings for over 14 years, with murals that reach 20'. She has won awards for her large animated chalk murals. She teaches fine arts to kids of all ages as well as adults. Currently she holds Paint Parties, private as well as public events for both children and adults in the LA and Ventura Areas.
- Art Center College of Design
- Credentialed Multiple Subject Teacher
- Professional illustrator and Fine Artist
- Warner Bros. Multimedia Arts
- TOR Float Designer
Fundamentals of Art
- Multi-media, Art Principles, Techniques, Design Elements
- Historical to Contemporary Styles; Project Based Context
- Art Vocabulary, Appreciation, and Imaginative Expression
- Use of different Materials, and Application processes
- Building confidence through expression and practice
- Art Foundations, draw, sketch, paint, found objects, clay, mixed media
California Arts Standards
- VA Cr1.2 Make art and design with various art materials and tools to explore personal interests, question and curiosity
- VA Cr1.1 Engage in self-directed or collaborative exploration with a variety of arts materials
- VA Cr1.1 Visualize and hypothesize to generate plans for ideas and directions for creating art and design that can affect social change