- MA degree - Cal Lutheran University
- Art therapy - University of California, Santa Barbara
- 30+ years teaching elementary/junior high school
- Owner: Art and Soul Studios, Ventura, CA
- Art teacher: Vita Art Center, Boys and Girls Club
- Experienced in ceramics, 2D/3D, mixed media, and sculpting
Courses - Visual Arts
We Are Creative
- Understand creativity and skill building
- Practice problem solving while creating
- Overcoming creative blocks
- Collaborate with others
- Use critical thinking while connecting to works of art
- Create 3D abstract and figurative sculptures
- Experiment with various sculpting materials
- Experiment with form and structure
- Refine and complete sculptural works of art
- Organize and develop steps for creative expression
- Practice and develop growth in artistic work and presentation
- Collaborate and combine ideas to explore outcomes
- Practice the 3 techniques of hand building with clay
- Examine a variety of modern and historical works in ceramics
- Vocabulary and understanding of the three states of clay
- Develop competency in hand building skills to generate artistic work
- Explore art as symbolic language
- Imagine an artistic idea and implement it
- Interpret, reflect, and share artistic works
- Experiment with a variety of art
California Arts Standards
- VA Cr1.1 Creativity and innovative thinking are essential life skills that can be developed.
- VA Cr2.1 Artists and designers experiment with forms, structures, materials, concepts, media, and art-making approaches.
- VA Cr2.2 Artists and designers balance experimentation and safety, freedom, and responsibility while developing and creating artworks.
- VA Cr2.3 People create and interact with objects, places, and design, and this defines, shapes, enhances, and empowers their lives.
- VA Cr7.1 Individual aesthetic and empathetic awareness developed through engagement with art can lead to understanding and appreciation of self, others, the natural world, and constructed environments.