VCAC CARES Grant Application

This grant is currently closed.


The VCAC CARES Grant awarded funds to qualifying organizations allocated from a portion of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) funds initially given to the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), who granted a portion of the dollars to the California Arts Council (CAC) to be distributed by their State and Local Partners (SLPs) to arts groups serving populations disproportionately affected by COVID-19. This designation was determined by the NEA and CAC.

Grant dollars awarded were used to support core operating expenses and specific projects.

VCAC's opt-in statement as an SLP re-granting these funds: With support from the California Arts Council, the Ventura County Arts Council will distribute CARES funds to arts and culture organizations within the county who represent and serve communities of color disproportionately affected by COVID-19.


Applicants must be an art organization, collaborative or group based in and serving community members in Ventura County. You may be a cooperative or collective without a formal staff structure or board of directors. You do not need to be a non-profit organization or have a fiscal sponsor to qualify for funds. You may not be a business. Funds cannot be awarded to organizations who received National Endowment for the Arts funding through the CARES act this year.


VCAC has received a $15,787 grant from CAC. $15,000 of those funds--approximately 95%--will be re-granted to arts and cultural organizations in Ventura County. The remaining 5% will be used by VCAC for administrative operations. Additionally, VCAC will attempt to increase these funds by reaching out to local businesses and foundations for contributions. The $15,000, and any additional funds we may raise toward this effort, will be divided equally among organizations and groups that qualify through the application process.

Deadline for submissions:

The deadline for this grant has passed.

For questions, contact Ventura County Arts Council at (805) 658-2213 or

Application Form

Please be sure you have read all the guidelines above before filling out the form. After you have completed filling in the fields below, click on the green “submit” button to complete your submission.

  • Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf, docx, Max. file size: 32 MB.
  • Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf, docx, Max. file size: 32 MB.
  • Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf, docx, Max. file size: 32 MB.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Learn more about the arts and artists in your community!

Are you an Artist?

Let us know and we'll keep you informed about our resources and programs designed exclusively for artists.