- BA degree in Environmental Studies: Nature, Culture, & Arts - Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame
- Experience in sustainable textiles, art history, drawing, and silk screen printing
- Wilderness Outdoor Leadership Foundation Camp Counselor
*Each course is accommodated to the corresponding grade level
- Still drawing of objects in classroom environment
- Outdoor space journaling & still drawing
- Soil Painting
- Drawing with non-traditional items
- History of indigenous art
- Explore indigenous artworks
- Create an indigenous inspired artwork
- Identify and research existing endangered species
- Create a 2D/3D art project of species of choice out of natural materials
- History of natural dyes
- Learn about the impacts of Fast Fashion
- Demonstrate how to make natural dye and use ancient Japanese dyeing techniques
- Learn the major environmental impacts
- Create informative artwork using non-traditional items, such as trash and recyclable items
California Arts Standards
- 4.VA:Cr1.1: Brainstorm individual and collaborative approaches to a creative art or design problem.
- PK.VA:Cr1.2: Engage in self-directed, creative art-making.
- 1.VA:Cr1.2: Use observation and investigation in preparation for making a work of art.
- 7.VA:Cr1.2: Develop criteria to guide making a work of art or design to meet an identified goal.
- Prof.VA:Cr1.2: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- 1.VA.Cr2.1: Explore uses of materials and tools to create works of art or design.
- 2.VA:Cr2.1: Experiment with various materials and tools to explore personal interests in a work of art or design.
- 6.VA:Cr2.1: Demonstrate openness in trying new ideas, materials, methods, and approaches in making works of art and design.
- Prof.VA:Cr2.1: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- PK.VA:Cr2.2 Share art materials with others.
- 1.VA.Cr2.2: Demonstrate safe and proper procedures for using materials, tools, and equipment while making art.
- 6.VA:Cr2.2: Explain environmental implications of conservation, care, and clean-up of arts, materials, tools and equipment.
- Prof.VA:Cr2.2: Explain how traditional and nontraditional materials may impact human health and the environment and demonstrate safe handling of materials, tools, and equipment.
- PK.VA.Cr2.3: Create and tell about art that communicates a story about a familiar place or object.
- K.VA:Cr2.3: Create art that represents natural and constructed environments.
- 2.VA:Cr2.3: Repurpose found objects to make a new artwork or design.
- PK.VA:Cr3: Share and talk about personal artwork.
- PK.VA:Re7.1: Recognize art in one's environment.
- PK.VA:Cn11: Recognize the purpose of an artwork.